Recommendations to Make Kink Archive More User Friendly

Greetings,

I cancelled my membership to Kink Archive today and wanted to provide some feedback as to why. I'm a big fan of Kink but thought the set-up was kind of cumbersome and not very user friendly. The following are recommendations that I think could improve the way the Kink Archive operates. I'm not a bitchy person but thought these potential changes would improve the site.

It would be nice to be able to search using a key word such as the name of model, Dom in front of the camera playing with the model (Matt, Isis, Lorali, Syd etc.), the producer of the shoot, or your kink of choice such as squirting, nipple clamps, pussy clips, ect. It would have been nice to have had the ability to view all of a model such as Seda's videos without having to scroll through all of the videos from 2012 - 2006 guessing at what clips she may or may not have been a participant. That got old really fast.

And, one last recommendation to consider is to provide your customers the ability to view the achieved sites of their choosing. I'm not a fan of TS or Femdom (no judgement just not my thing) but would have loved to have seen the clips I assume are in Sadistic Rope, Hard Tied or Infernal Restraints (assuming those clips are not already in BDSM/Bondage column).

Respectfully,
FireSquire

Comments

• Agreed on this, joined the site and was excited about the access to all the great shoots, the horrible navigation makes the $44/month price seem a bit outrageous.
  • I guess I've the opposite view everyone...sorry...I don't have any trouble finding what I want as I go through the archives...I just learned which column had which site's videos and then go through until I find what I want...perhaps because I have a little more time...I don't know.
    I'm going to renew my membership very soon...
    Chatty
  • One thing Chatty...some people may not have as much time as you do to browse and look for what you like...
  • I think you really hit the nail on its head my dear! ;;)
  • Speaking of...where is she?> She's not usually 10 minutes from Kim!
  • I guess she drinks a glass of wine with Cheapo right now! :-)
  • That's good...until he starts slapping her around...
  • I think that's exactly what she wants sometimes....
  • Yes, and she's so casual about it...it seems like every time they fuck...they break two or three laws...
  • Sometimes it really sounds that things get very rough when they play (Chatty and her BF)...
  • Not just when they play...apparently he slaps her around routinely...
  • It seems that she loves that (that is at least that's what she told me some time ago as I asked her about that)...
  • OK...I can read all of this you know...
  • edited December 2014
    I think I have spoken on your behalf in the broadest sense Chatty!? ;;)
  • Oh that's OK...thanks anyway though...I am what I am!!!
  • edited December 2014
    Of course honey, and as long as it's fun... :-)
  • Most of the time it is!...
  • Good to hear that Cathy! I think some of us are just a bit too worried about you! :-)
  • No reason to worry about me Miss Morgane!
  • Alright Cathy, I'm happy when you are happy! It's time for me to leave and to look after my kids! Wish you and your Miss K a good night! :-* :-* :-*
  • NIght Miss Morgane
  • I didn't realise any kink archive subscribers were trying to find shoots through the kink archive pages. That's far too much work.

It's easier to browse the history of each site to find the shoots you like, or look up individual models' shoots through the model index. Open a Kink Archive video or photo download page, replace the shoot number in the URL and you're in.

And that includes the forbidden male sites promised in the Kink Archive subscription but censored from the Archive pages themselves.
  • Wow! Londomouse, So let me get this straight. I could have pulled up Seda's profile page that has all of her shoots, copy the shoot number and import them into the URL and that's it? I wish I knew that strategy a long time ago. Will that also work for the Doms that are in the shoots? Do you happen to know if there there any site that are not included in this membership such as Sadistic Rope, Hard Tied or Infernal Restraints? Thank you!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kimberly, Thanks for the clarification. :)
  • The search function needs a hefty update across all sites in my opinion. Londonmouse's suggestion is what keeps me from hitting unsubscribe right now, I'm going to give that workaround the old college try, but it's still far too cumbersome.
    The Archives subscription really should show as a valid viewing option in the regular Kink.com search engine, alongside just the original site and an outright buy.
  • edited May 2015
    so far KA is kind-of hidden in the 'new' KINK3 version now in 'Beta' test...
    -soon to become the new face of KINK.com...
    its unclear how long the Current-Classic KINK2 version will be operating....
    hopefully its not 'taken down' pre-maturely...
    if u r a strong user of KA u should send an e-mail to the KINK Support-Team and emphasize your valid concerns... the more that voice their concerns the more likely KINK will attempt to make changes....

There is also a Director who is also going 'to bat' for KINK Users to advocate changes for us that are being given as 'feedback' here....

the search options issues are being looked into and an 'update' to KINK3 is due soon...

thnx for bringing this Thread to the 'top' again
    it will be added to the "Beta-KINK3" issues to date Thread...

....stay tuned... chk-bak regularly ......